- Abduhoshim Abdullaev, governor of Fergana State, Uzbekistan, expressed hope for friendship exchange with
Yongin City in January 2007.
- Necessity of exchanges in economic, administrative, cultural and sports sectors by making the use of
geographical location and affluent underground resources as a bridge of Asia and Europe is recognized.
- Yongin City Mayor Seo Jung-suk and Abduhoshim Abdullaev, governor of Fergana State, Uzbekistan, signed an agreement on friendship exchange between the two cities on May 16, 2007 in Seoul.
- A nine-member delegation of Yongin City, led by Yongin City Mayor Seo Jung-suk, made an official visit to the Fergana State, Uzbekistan during the Feb. 19-23, 2008 period and concluded a sisterhood relationship on Feb. 20, 2008.
- Through the sisterhood relationship, the two international cities will
- seek ways for mutual development based on each city's activated infrastructure.
- secure a stronghold for exchange projects as the center of the transportation road, called the silk road in the past, and trade for Asia and Europe.
- secure a stronghold for enterprises' advancement by using affluent resources and favorable labor force.
- build a system for favorable cooperation of the two cities as a partner of an era of globalization through cooperation in cultural, arts, education and administrative sectors.